USCIS Immigration Policy Changes for P-1 Entertainer of Internationally Recognized Entertainment Group
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has issued new immigration policy changes for P-1 work visa/petition for: (a) P-1A: internationally recognized athlete, or a member of an internationally recognized athletic team; or (b) P-1B: entertainer of an internationally recognized entertainment group.
USCIS immigration policy changes for P-1B entertainer work visa/petition classification states that P-1B work visa/petition should include individual entertainers coming to the United States to join U.S.-based internationally recognized entertainment groups, and should not be limited to individual entertainers coming to the United States to join only foreign-based entertainment groups.
The relevant regulation at 8 CFR 214.2(p)(3) focuses on whether the group is “internationally recognized”: “having a high level of achievement in a field evidenced by a degree of skill and recognition substantially above that ordinarily encountered, to the extent that such achievement is renowned, leading, or well-known in more than one country.”
Individuals with P visas/status may consider green card/permanent residence sponsorships such as by employer, family and/or self, and eventually U.S. citizenship. Individuals who do not readily qualify for P-1 visas/status may consider other work visas and/or green card options.
July 14, 2012: By Aik Wan Kok Fillali, Lawyer USA Immigration Services, at Tiya; Tel: 703-772-8224 & koka at tiyalaw dot com
www.tiyaimmigration.com ; http://tiyalaw.blogspot.com ; http://immigrationresource.net
We represent employers, and individuals and their families in green card and work visa matters in U.S. immigration law. We also have a focus on green card cases such as extraordinary ability, national interest waiver and PERM.
All Rights Reserved.
This article is intended for informational purposes only, and should not be relied on as a legal advice or an attorney-client relationship.
- Expedited U.S. Citizenship for Certain U.S. Military Members & Their Families ~ Citizenship, Immigration News, USCIS Processing Time 17 May, at 14 : 16 PM
- Affected by Earthquakes in Japan, Ecuador and Burma (aka Myanmar)? US Immigration Relief Measures for Earthquakes ~ Citizenship, Green Card, Green Card - Others, Green Card via Family, Green Card via Work, Immigration News, Other Visas, Others, USCIS Case Status, USCIS Processing Time, Visas, Waivers, Work Visas 26 April, at 10 : 23 AM
- Get Ready to Apply for DAPA Around May 19, 2015 & Expanded DACA Around February 18, 2015! New Executive Actions on U.S.A. Immigration ~ Citizenship, Green Card, Green Card - Others, Green Card via Family, Green Card via Work, Immigration News, Other Visas, Others, USCIS Processing Time, Visas, Waivers, Work Visas 23 December, at 09 : 47 AM
- USCIS Will Begin Accepting Fiscal Year 2016 H-1B Visa Cap Cases on April 1, 2015 ~ Citizenship, Green Card, Green Card via Family, Green Card via Work, Immigration News, Other Visas, Others, USCIS Case Status, USCIS Processing Time, Visas, Work Visas 16 December, at 17 : 35 PM
- New Executive Actions on U.S.A. Immigration ~ Green Card, Green Card - Others, Immigration News, Other Visas, Others, USCIS Case Status, USCIS Processing Time, Visas, Waivers, Work Visas 20 November, at 10 : 35 AM