Considering Filing H-1B or L-1? Additional Fee Applies to Certain New or Change of Employer Petition (Effective August 14, 2010)

Posted by at 20 August, at 03 : 00 AM Print | Email Email | This page as PDF PDF

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (4 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)
Loading ... Loading ...

Effective August 14, 2010, there will be an additional fee for filing certain H-1B or L petitions; $2000 for H-1B and $2250 for L-1. This new fee, where applicable, is in addition to the existing government immigration fees applicable to H-1B and L-1 work visas. This new fee will remain effective until September 30, 2014.

This additional fee requirement applies to new petitions and petitions to change employer filed by petitioners or employers that employ 50 or more employees in the United States, with more than 50 percent of its employees in the United States in H-1B or L (including L-1A, L-1B and L-2) nonimmigrant status.

H-1B is a temporary work visa for foreign nationals to work in occupations requiring at least the relevant Bachelor’s degrees, or equivalent.

L-1 is a temporary work visa for a U.S. company to transfer certain foreign national employees from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its existing or newly established offices in the United States. L-1 temporary work visa applies to foreign national employees who will be transferred to the U.S. as an executive or manager, or a professional employee with specialized knowledge relating to the organization’s interests from one of its affiliated foreign offices.

By Aik Wan Kok, Attorney at Law, at Tiya PLC; Tel: 202-506-9767 ; ;

We represent companies, individuals and families in U.S. immigration law such as green card, work visa and waiver matters. We represent clients within the U.S. and abroad.

All Rights Reserved.
This article is intended for informational purposes only, and should not be relied on as a legal advice or an attorney-client relationship.


More News

A Professional Immigration Blog A Professional Immigration Law Firm, Tiya PLC Citizenship DOL PERM Case Status & Processing Time Green Card Green Card - Others Green Card via Family Green Card via Work Immigration Forms Immigration Links Immigration News Other Visas Others USCIS Case Status USCIS Processing Time Videos Visas Waivers Work Visas

Related Posts

Leave a Reply



Log In

Do you Need an Immigration Lawyer?

 Tiya PLC Can Help.


More News