Stranded in the U.S. due to the Icelandic Volcano Eruption? If so, please remember to apply for extension of your stay in the U.S.

Posted by at 19 April, at 13 : 00 PM Print | Email Email | This page as PDF PDF

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading ... Loading ...

The United States has granted special temporary relief to foreign nationals whose status in the U.S. are about to expire and who are stranded here because of the European airport closures due to the Icelandic Volcano Eruption.
Applicable foreign nationals who entered the U.S. under the visa waiver program (VWP) should contact either the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol office at the airport, or the local U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office.

Applicable foreign nationals who entered the U.S. with a visa should file a request for extension of status with the regional USCIS office.

In order to comply with the U.S. immigration law and not to complicate or jeopardize future U.S. immigration benefits, foreign nationals who entered under the VWP or visas should be vigilant in not exceeding their period of authorized stay in the U.S.

By Aik Wan Kok, Attorney at Law, at Tiya PLC; Tel: 202-506-9767 ; ;

All Rights Reserved.
This article is intended for informational purposes only, and should not be relied on as a legal advice or an attorney-client relationship.


More News

Immigration News

Related Posts

Leave a Reply



Log In

Do you Need an Immigration Lawyer?

 Tiya PLC Can Help.


More News