Case-Status Inquiry and Immigration Processing Time for Pending Form I-129 Work Visas

Posted by at 11 May, at 01 : 40 AM Print | Email Email | This page as PDF PDF

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading ... Loading ...

Case-Status Inquiry and Immigration Processing Time for Pending Form I-129 Work Visas

On May 10, 2016, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that on April 21, 2016, it has begun accepting an inquiry from a petitioning employer who has filed a change-of-employer or extension of status for Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker that has been pending for 210 days or more.  A petitioner may submit an inquiry by calling USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283 (TDD for deaf and hard of hearing: 1-800-767-1833).  A petitioner must provide NCSC with inquiry information such as the case number (as listed on the USCIS receipt notice) and that the case has been pending for 210 days or more.  

USCIS reminds all customers with pending cases to notify USCIS of the address change by mail via form AR-11 or online at; and additionally, to request an update of the address for any pending cases through NCSC or 

Form I-129 applies to immigration petitions for work visas such as H-1B visa, H-2B visa, H-3 visa, L visa, O visa, P visa, Q visa, R visa, certain E-1 visa, certain E-2 visa, certain E-3 visa. 


This article is intended for informational purposes only, and should not be relied on as legal advice or attorney-client relationship. By Aik Wan Kok, Lawyer USA Immigration Services, at Tiya; Tel: 703-772-8224 & koka at tiyalaw dot com; Direct dial from abroad: 001-703-772-8224; ; ;

Need help with green card, work visas, work permit, sponsoring family, sponsoring employees, sponsoring relatives, hardship waivers, marriage waiver, and cases with USCIS, Department of Labor or immigration? We represent employers, companies, individuals, and families in U.S. Immigration & Nationality Law. Our clients are based nationwide in the U.S. and internationally. We represent diverse immigration cases in naturalization/citizenship, green card, work visas, waivers and other immigration matters. Some of our cases including, but are not limiting: extraordinary ability; national interest waiver; PERM with U.S. Department of Labor; I-130 for sponsoring relatives and families (child, spouse, brother, sister, stepchild); I-140 for employment; I-485 to adjust status; I-765 work permit/employment authorization; I-131 for international travel and returning to the U.S; I-601 extreme hardship waiver relatives of U.S. citizen or green card holder; I-751 joint filing or waiver; I-212 waiver for deportation or removal order; J waiver; H-1B professional worker/specialty occupation; H-2B temporary worker; L executive, manager and specialized knowledge professional transferring from overseas; B-1 business visitor to the U.S.; B-2 tourist visiting the U.S.; F-1 student coming to study in the U.S.; consular processing with U.S. consulates; National Visa Centers; filing cases with USCIS; filing cases with U.S. Department of Labor; PERM audit; RFE Request for Evidence; NOID Notice of Intention to Deny; and Immigration Courts.

All Rights Reserved


More News

Immigration News USCIS Processing Time Visas Work Visas , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Related Posts

Leave a Reply



Log In

Do you Need an Immigration Lawyer?

 Tiya PLC Can Help.


More News