Still Waiting for Green Card, Work Permit or Travel Document in the Mail? USCIS Will Destroy Them After 60 Days When Returned Undelivered

Posted by at 3 April, at 19 : 11 PM Print | Email Email | This page as PDF PDF

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading ... Loading ...

Still Waiting for Green Card, Work Permit or Travel Document in the Mail?  USCIS Will Destroy Them After 60 Days When Returned Undelivered

If a Green Card, work permit or travel document has been approved, and the document has not arrived in the mail, please note the following.

Starting April 2, 2018, USCIS will destroy Permanent Resident Cards (Green Cards), Employment Authorization Cards (Work Permits), and Travel Documents (international travels) that are returned as undelivered by the U.S. Postal Service after 60 days if Applicants haven’t contacted USCIS to provide a correct address.  In general, Applicants are encouraged to report an address change within 10 days at .  USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) telephone is 1-800-375-5283.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is a part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).  USCIS administers the U.S. lawful immigration system.

For additional information on this matter, please visit USCIS at 

April 3, 2018

This article is intended for informational purposes only, and should not be relied on as legal advice or attorney-client relationship. By Aik Wan Kok, Lawyer USA Immigration Services, at Tiya; Tel: 703-772-822four & email to info at tiyaimmigration dot com; Direct dial from abroad: 001-703-7728224; ;

We represent employers, companies, individuals, and families in U.S. Immigration & Nationality Law.  Our clients are based nationwide in the U.S. and internationally.  We focus on diverse immigration cases including, but are not limiting to: extraordinary ability; national interest waiver; PERM with U.S. Department of Labor; I-130 for sponsoring relatives and families; I-140 for employment green card; I-485 Adjustment Applications; I-765 work permit; I-131 for international travel and returning to the U.S; I-601 extreme hardship waiver relatives of U.S. citizen or green card holder; I-751 joint filing or waiver; N-400 Naturalization/Citizenship; N-648 Medical Waiver; I-212 waiver for deportation or removal order; J waiver; other waivers; H-1B professional worker/specialty occupation; H-2B temporary worker; L executive, manager and specialized knowledge professional transferring from overseas; E treaty investors/traders; B-1 business visitor to the U.S.; B-2 visitor to the U.S.; F-1 student coming to study in the U.S.; matters pertaining to consular processing with U.S. consulates and National Visa Centers; cases with USCIS; cases with U.S. Department of Labor; PERM audit; RFE Request for Evidence (RFE); NOID Notice of Intention to Deny (NOID), and others.


More News

A Professional Immigration Blog A Professional Immigration Law Firm, Tiya PLC Green Card Green Card - Others Green Card via Family Green Card via Work Immigration Forms Immigration News Other Visas USCIS Case Status USCIS Processing Time Visas Work Visas , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Related Posts

Comments are closed.


Log In

Do you Need an Immigration Lawyer?

 Tiya PLC Can Help.


More News