Expedited U.S. Citizenship for Certain U.S. Military Members & Their Families

Posted by at 17 May, at 14 : 16 PM Print | Email Email | This page as PDF PDF

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)
Loading ... Loading ...

Expedited U.S. Citizenship for Certain U.S. Military Members & Their Families

Under special immigration law provisions, members and certain veterans of the U.S. armed forces and their dependents (spouses and children) may be eligible for U.S. citizenship including expedited and overseas processingCertain general naturalization requirements may be waived or diminished.  Among meeting other requirements, a military-service applicant may apply for naturalization having served honorably in active-duty status, or as a member of the Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve for any amount of time during a designated period of hostilities; and have been separated honorably if separated from the U.S. armed forces.  Other military-service members who have served honorably in the U.S. armed forces at any time may apply for naturalization upon meeting certain requirements. 

Additionally, it is possible for posthumous naturalization (naturalization after death) if the individual served honorably in the US. Armed forces, and died due to injury or disease incurred while serving in an active duty status during specified periods of military hostilities. 

Normally, individuals of U.S. armed forces and military services that qualify for the citizenship provisions above are in the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guards, and certain components of the National Guard, and the Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve. 


This article is intended for informational purposes only, and should not be relied on as legal advice or attorney-client relationship. By Aik Wan Kok, Lawyer USA Immigration Services, at Tiya; Tel: 703-772-8224 & koka at tiyalaw dot com; Direct dial from abroad: 001-703-772-8224; https://www.tiyaimmigration.com ; http://tiyalaw.blogspot.com ; https://immigrationresource.net

Need help with green card, work visas, work permit, sponsoring family, sponsoring employees, sponsoring relatives, hardship waivers, marriage waiver, and cases with USCIS, Department of Labor or immigration? We represent employers, companies, individuals, and families in U.S. Immigration & Nationality Law. Our clients are based nationwide in the U.S. and internationally. We represent diverse immigration cases in naturalization/citizenship, green card, work visas, waivers and other immigration matters. Some of our cases including, but are not limiting: extraordinary ability; national interest waiver; PERM with U.S. Department of Labor; I-130 for sponsoring relatives and families (child, spouse, brother, sister, stepchild); I-140 for employment; I-485 to adjust status; I-765 work permit/employment authorization; I-131 for international travel and returning to the U.S; I-601 extreme hardship waiver relatives of U.S. citizen or green card holder; I-751 joint filing or waiver; I-212 waiver for deportation or removal order; J waiver; H-1B professional worker/specialty occupation; H-2B temporary worker; L executive, manager and specialized knowledge professional transferring from overseas; B-1 business visitor to the U.S.; B-2 tourist visiting the U.S.; F-1 student coming to study in the U.S.; consular processing with U.S. consulates; National Visa Centers; filing cases with USCIS; filing cases with U.S. Department of Labor; PERM audit; RFE Request for Evidence; NOID Notice of Intention to Deny; and Immigration Courts.

All Rights Reserved


More News

Citizenship Immigration News USCIS Processing Time , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Related Posts

Leave a Reply



Log In

Do you Need an Immigration Lawyer?

 Tiya PLC Can Help.


More News