Affected by Earthquakes in Japan, Ecuador and Burma (aka Myanmar)? US Immigration Relief Measures for Earthquakes

Posted by at 26 April, at 10 : 23 AM Print | Email Email | This page as PDF PDF

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)
Loading ... Loading ...

Affected by Earthquakes in Japan, Ecuador and Burma (aka Myanmar)?  US Immigration Relief Measures for Earthquakes

U.S. immigration is offering temporary immigration relief or measures to assist people affected by the severe earthquakes in Japan, Ecuador and Burma.  The country of Burma is also known as Myanmar.

The following temporary immigration relief or measures are available upon request:

  1. Affected people who are currently in the U.S. may apply to change or extend their nonimmigrant status, even if their filing is made after an authorized period of admission has expired.
  2. Affected people granted parole may apply for a re-parole.
  3. Affected applicants for advance parole documents may request for expedited processing.
  4. Affected F-1 students experiencing severe economic hardship may request for expedited adjudication of their off-campus employment authorization. 
  5. Affected people may request for expedited adjudication of their employment authorization application. 
  6. Affected people without an ability to pay for an application fee may request for a fee-waiver consideration.
  7. Affected people who were unable to appear for an interview or respond to the immigration, and have received a Request for Evidence or a Notice of Intent to Deny, may submit timely evidence of being affected by the above natural disaster.
  8. Affected people with lost or damaged immigration or travel documents (e.g. green card or permanent resident card) that were issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) may request for a replacement if the lost and damage was not their fault.

All the above applicants must file their applications through the regular immigration process.  They must include a specific request for consideration on how the above natural disaster has caused a need for the requested relief or measure.

This article is intended for informational purposes only, and should not be relied on as legal advice or attorney-client relationship. By Aik Wan Kok, Lawyer USA Immigration Services, at Tiya; Tel: 703-772-8224 & koka at tiyalaw dot com; Direct dial from abroad: 001-703-772-8224; ; ;

Need help with green card, work visas, work permit, sponsoring family, sponsoring employees, sponsoring relatives, hardship waivers, marriage waiver, and cases with USCIS, Department of Labor or immigration?  We represent employers, companies, individuals and families in U.S. Immigration & Nationality Law.  Our clients are based within the U.S. and internationally.  We represent diverse immigration cases in naturalization/citizenship, green card, work visas, waiver and other immigration matters.  Some of our cases including, but are not limiting, extraordinary ability; national interest waiver; PERM with Department of Labor; I-130 for sponsoring relatives and families (child, spouse, brother, sister, stepchild); I-140 for employment; I-485 to adjust status; I-765 work permit/employment authorization; I-131 for international travel and returning to the U.S; I-601 extreme hardship waiver for spouse, parent, son and/or daughter or child of U.S. citizen or green card holder; I-751 joint filing or waiver; I-212 waiver for deportation or removal order; J waiver; H-1B professional worker/specialty occupation; H-2B temporary worker; L executive, manager and specialized knowledge professional transferring from overseas; B-1 business visitor to the U.S.; B-2 tourist visiting the U.S.; F-1 student coming to study in the U.S.; consular processing with U.S. consulates; consular processing via National Visa Centers; filing cases with the USCIS; filing cases with the U.S. Department of Labor; PERM audit; RFE Request for Evidence by USCIS; NOID Notice of Intention to Deny from USCIS; and Immigration Courts.

All Rights Reserved


More News

Citizenship Green Card Green Card - Others Green Card via Family Green Card via Work Immigration News Other Visas Others USCIS Case Status USCIS Processing Time Visas Waivers Work Visas , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Related Posts

Leave a Reply



Log In

Do you Need an Immigration Lawyer?

 Tiya PLC Can Help.


More News