Haiti TPS Registration Extended Till January 18, 2011 (Can Apply for EAD & Advance Parole; Based on Separate Immigration Eligibility/Application, Approved TPS Beneficiary May Apply for Nonimmigrant Status or Green Card)

Posted by at 14 July, at 10 : 00 AM Print | Email Email | This page as PDF PDF

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)
Loading ... Loading ...

On July 12, 2010, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that the registration period for Temporary Protection Status (TPS) for eligible foreign nationals from Haiti has been extended from July 20, 2010 until January 18, 2011; allowing Haitians up to January 18, 2011 to apply for registration of TPS.

Eligible Haitian applicants must have been continuously present in the U.S. since January 12, 2010 to apply for TPS, and must submit their TPS registration by or before January 18, 2011.

Applicants may also apply for Employment Authorization Document (EAD) with their TPS applications. Filing fees apply but may be waived at the discretion of the USCIS on a case-by-case basis, upon reviewing the circumstances of the fee waiver request for each case.

Qualify TPS beneficiaries may apply for green card, other nonimmigrant or visa status, based on other non-TPS immigration sponsorships/applications. Some may require separate waiver applications when applying for immigration benefits. For those who have advance parole documents to travel internationally, they must have their immigration thoroughly reviewed before they embark on any international travels.

All TPS beneficiaries/applicants should have their immigration history status thoroughly reviewed as they may need separate waiver applications; or may be eligible for green card or other visa benefits.

For further information on I-601 waiver applications/cases, please also read our articles on “Permanent or long-term residency in the U.S. does not mean “permanent”, even for those with U.S. citizen spouse/child(ren), I-131 advance parole/re-entry permit, and/or green card!” at http://tiyalaw.blogspot.com/2010/04/permanent-or-long-term-residency-in-us.html and “I-601 Waivers: Improvement in Standards for Extreme Hardships, Concurrent Filings With I-130 Alien Relative Immigrant Petition, Adjudication, Processing Time Are Coming Soon!” at

By Aik Wan Kok, Attorney at Law, at Tiya PLC; Tel: 202-506-9767
www.tiyaimmigration.com ; http://tiyalaw.blogspot.com ; www.immigrationresource.net
We represent companies, and individuals and their families in U.S. immigration law such as green card, work visa and waiver matters. We represent clients within the U.S. and abroad.

All Rights Reserved.
This article is intended for informational purposes only, and should not be relied on as a legal advice or an attorney-client relationship.


More News

Citizenship Green Card Green Card via Family Green Card via Work Immigration Forms Immigration News Other Visas Others Videos Visas Waivers Work Visas

Related Posts

Leave a Reply



Log In

Do you Need an Immigration Lawyer?

 Tiya PLC Can Help.


More News